Which brand is the best for filler?
Women and beauty are things that always come together. No matter what age you are, you will always find a way to look young and beautiful. And that way is included making your skin look fresh and healthy. But how? Filler injection is the best answer! Generally, the main factor helping your skin to stay fresh and healthy is “Collagen” which naturally occurs in human bodies, but when we get older our bodies will produce less collagen causing all skin problems such as wrinkles, saggy under-eye, etc. Those problems will make you look older and lack of self-confident and that is when filler takes part to rescue and rejuvenate your skin.
Filler is like a bag. There are so many brands for bag, and so does filler. Each brands are different and have special quality for different purposes.
In this article, we will talk about each brands one by one and also mention about their pros and cons so that can help you decide what brand will be the best for you and give you the perfect result! We are going to tell you some tips about how to identify a fake filler and the real one and how to take care of yourself after doing filler injection.
What is HA filler?
HA Filler is a natural substance called Hyaluronic Acid being extracted by special process, so it is very safe for you skin. There’s no need for an allergy test at all because it only has a small chance of allergy signs and the cause of allergic usually comes from anaesthetic. Moreover, Hyaluronic Acid easily combine with human tissues so that it doesn’t form itself as a node under our skin after the injection and it can disintegrate naturally. If you don’t like the result after the injection, you can also inject enzymes in order to instantly reverse the result back to the original. l
Sizes of filler’s molecule
Big molecule : the facial filler experts will normally use filler which has a big molecule for injecting into deep layer of our skin to form the base. It will last at least 2 years.
Small molecule : this molecule is used for shallow layer of our skin. It will lift up the area that has been injected but lasts shorter than the big molecule or only 1 year.
Certified Filler Brands
The popular brands are Restylane, Juvederm, and Belotero. These mentioned brands have been being used widely in Europe and America and more importantly they are certified for medical usage in Thailand. So, what are the differences between these three? We have answers for you!
Restylane is Sweden product and the prominent quality of this it is mostly similar to natural Hyaluronic Acid because of minimal stabilization and that is why it rarely causes allergies. It has high lifting capacity. So, even if we use it in small quantity, it still gives us a good result of lifting up our skin.
The special manufactures of Restylane are divided into 2 technologies:
- NASHA (Non-Animal Stabilized Hyarulonic Acid) which is help preventing irritation and allergies.
- OBT (Optimal Balance Technology) which produces a delicate and high flexible substance for filler. So, it can fill or change the shape of our faces to look so natural.
Restylane is also divided into 7 series as follows:
For face lifting
- Restylane – this product has small molecules and is made by NASHA technology. It is used for middle layer of our skin like cheek grove area.
- Restylane Refyne – this product is similar to Restylane but it is made by OBT technology. The purpose of usage is the same as Restylane. If you have a thinner skin than usual, this product is more recommended.
- Restylane Defyne – this product is for middle layer and fat layer of our skin. It suits for filling and modifying your face shape and lifting some areas on your face as well. It is made by OBT technology.
- Restylane Lyft – this product has kind of bigger molecules than Restylane Defyne but it is made by the same technology. Suited for chin injection or building base on the bones.
- Restylane Volyme – this product also has big molecules using to fill in cheek and temporal bone areas. It is made by NASHA technology.
For face brightening
- Restylane Vital
- Restylane Vital Light – these 2 products have super light and small molecules using to fill in shallow layer of our skin like under-eye or even neck areas. It also has quality to brighten up our skin so it looks fresh and healthy.
Juvederm is a brand product from America imported by Allergen Thailand Company and certified by US FDA and Thai FDA as one of the safe products to use for facial filler. It will completely and naturally disintegrate without any poisonous residue inside our bodies. The prominent points of this brand product are easily to mold, less swelling because of Vycross Technology, and some series last long to 2 years.
Juvederm is divided into 7 series as follows:
- Juvederm Ultra – this product suits for filling in cheek grove and temporal bone and make our face look more lifted up and elevated. It can last long to 6 months.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus – this product suits for people who have chiseled face and it can last long about 6-9 months.
- Juvederm Volbella – this product has such small molecules so it is perfect for sensitive skin such as under-eye, lips, etc. It lasts to 12 months.
- Juvederm Volift – this product is designed for all skin problems coming with ages and flaws on your face that you might not like it. It lasts to 18 months.
- Juvederm Voluma – this product is very popular in our clinic. It can be used for every parts of our face but depends on how well and expert a facial doctor is. It amazingly lasts to 24 months or 2 years.
- Juvederm Volite – this product is a new one coming out this year, 2019, especially for reducing wrinkles and crow’s feet. It helps smoothening and moisturizing the injected areas and gives us a better skin quality. It can be used for under-eye, neck, breasts, and backhand areas.
- Juvederm Volux – this product just came out not to long ago this year. Its debut was at Aesthetic & Anti-Aging World Congress (AMWC 2019) in Monaco. One of our doctors, Doctor Air, had such an honored chance to be participated in this event! It can also last to 2 years like Juvederm Voluma and is perfect for chin and jawline areas. The prominent points of this product are easy for molding and pretty stable because of its molecules. It can also be used to change your chin and jaw shape.
Belotero is a brand product from Switzerland. The brand received 2 beauty awards from Europe and got so many result reviews from the real users more than 5 million people around the world. Another name for Belotero filler is “Colorful filler” because of its colorful packaging. Each colors of the packaging is for the different purposes of facial injection. We can obviously know from the packaging color which area we will use it for so we get the best result from the product. Belotero is certified by USA FDA, CE mark and TH FDA.
- Belotero Soft (yellow) – for fixing small skin problems like crow’s feet and under-eye dark circles.
- Belotero Intense (pink) – for fixing critical skin problems like chiseled face, groove cheek and lips.
- Belotero Balance (orange) – for big skin problems like wrinkles around mouth area and groove cheek.
- Belotero Volume (purple) – for chin, temporal bones, and sagging areas.
The unique quality of this brand is it can last long around 18-24 months.
How to identify REAL filler?
Nowadays is so scary because fake products are everywhere even daily use products or medical products included filler. When you search on Google for filler, you will see more of the fake products than the real ones. So, how can we know if it is real or fake?
We all girls know better than anyone that we are ready to pay for higher cost but of course it has to come with efficient performance in return. We don’t want to risk our lives or any side effects because of fake products.
Today, we have the tips to distinguish fake filler and real filler from each brands. Let’s have a look together!
- On the right hand side of the top of the product box, there has to have the word “Restylane” reflected hologram sticker with the price on and the word “Galderma” on the left hand side of the bottom of the box.
- On the side of the product box, there has to have Lot reference number and expired date.
- The product box has to be completely sealed.
- There will be a “Sterile Set” as a tube which is ready to be used by only braking off the white lid from the tube. It indicates that it is a brand new filler.
- There will be a sticker of manufactured serial number and expired date obviously plastered on the tube and the number will be the same as on the side of the product box.
- And finally, there will be a medicine label with provided filler information.
After filler injection, we highly recommend to always take the product box back home with you in order to keep it as an evidence for examination in case you have any side effects afterwards.
You can check all the information of Restylane product at Galdema (Thailand) Ltd. by calling 02-023-1800 extension 402.
- On the left side of the box, there will be Lot reference number, manufactured date, and expired date. We can use Lot reference number to check about information of the product from imported company, Allergan (DKSH).
- There will be restricted medicine sticker plastered under the product box.
- Inside the product box, 2 CC of filler will be packed in a sterile package and in the front of the package, there will be Lot reference number, manufactured date, and expired date which will exactly match with all the numbers and information on the left side of the box.
- When open the sterile package, filler will be contained in syringe tube ready to use. There will be also Lot reference number, manufactured date, and expired date.
- Syringe tube will be completely sealed by twisted plastic lid.
- Syringe tube will have a label provided Lot reference number like on the product box and sterile package.
- There will be medicine label inside the product box about filler information.
Juvederm is imported by the company named “Allergan” DKSH)
- Product box will be a little bit different from the others because it comes with vertical shaped box.
- On the left hand side of the product box, there will be a stamped company’s name called “Merz Aesthetics”.
- Under the product box, there will be a sticker which Lot reference number and expired date are provided on it.
- Filler will be contained in sterile package like the other brands.
- Inside the package will be consisted of medicine or filler, needle, and reference sticker.
- There will be a sticker on syringe which its color is the same as the color of product box.
- Lot serial number on the syringe has to match with the sticker on sterile package and product box.
You can check Lot serial number of Belotero via website, merzclubthailand.com or Facebook, Merz Aesthetics Thailand. Tel. 02-229-9696
Post-fillers treatment care tips
Immediately after treatment there may be some swelling, redness, itching and tenderness. This is a normal result of the injection and will settle after a few days.
To achieve optimal result, please note the following after treatment care tips.
On the injection treatment day:
- Avoid make-up 12 hours after injection treatment.
- Avoid touching the face, especially on injection sites.
Post treatment for at least 1 week:
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least a week.
- Avoid sleeping “face-down” posture for at least a week.
- Apply cold compress to alleviate any swelling and bruising as needed.
Post treatment for at least 2 weeks:
- Avoid extreme temperature and extended exposure to the sun.
- Avoid sauna, hot spring, tanning bed, etc.
- Avoid facial massage.
- Avoid exerting any pressure on the treatment area.
For optimal result, Do:
- Remain upright for the day and sleep with head elevated to reduce swelling.
- Rest the face and limit smiling and laughing.
Immediately after the treatment, you may expect:
- Post-operative swelling and redness. Swelling will resolve within 7-10 days, but may persist for several weeks. Ice or cool compress after injection can help to reduce swelling and redness.
- Possible touch up session 2-3 weeks after initial session. This is to ensure maximal length of correction. If you have any concerns following treatment, do not hesitate to discuss with your healthcare practitioner.
Is filler injection dangerous?
It really depends on the factors below
Is it a real filler product?
According to so many kind of fillers, in this case we will only talk about Hyaluronic Acid or HA filler which is a temporary filler and has an ability to naturally disintegrate. If you use the real product, so you have nothing to worry about.
The area you do filler injection
If you want to do filler injection on the area that filled of capillary under our skin like forehead, nose, and temporal bones, you have to do it with an expert injector so you do not get side effects and ruin your capillary cells to cause bruises.
A doctor you do it with
Filler injection is like an art of face design. You have to carefully pick a doctor who have enough experiences to do it. An expert injector has to be knowledgeable of how to choose the right product for the right area, and able to analyze patients’ faces and give them a perfect and balanced face design. It is definitely the best if you will rely on a famous filler injector because of the historic works.
So, how exactly do we know which brand is the best? Well, It is not for you to judge. You should know it by now that it depends on a doctor’s consideration. Let an experts do the work and the result will come out perfectly!